Sunday, November 20, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude




I've had this thought that's been constantly running through my head ever since I heard it. I'm sorry I can't remember exactly where I heard it or saw it but I do remember how it affected me.

"Blessings Come to Those that NOTICE!"

It caused me to be more mindful and reflective about my life and how blessed I feel to have a sweet and dear husband whom I love with a love that knows no end, a family that means everything to me, Children and Grandchildren who are priceless, Freedom that is a gift I cherish, a Faith that guides me, a Heavenly Father that Loves me, and a Savior that has Atoned for my sins.

I wanted to take a moment tonight to express my gratitude for each of you and for the blessings I see all around me. I have so much to be grateful for even when I feel overwhelmed by the challenges that are mine. Lately, I can't keep up with all that needs doing and I'm practicing patience and a positive attitude and trying to ignore the things that I can't get done at the moment I just want it done. I have little piles everywhere and I can't seem to take care of all of them. So, I have to remind myself. . . Just a pile at a time. It will eventually get done!

We recently had a little flood in the basement and that has set off a chain of events that requires a lot of cleaning, organizing, fixing, and painting. But out of that effort has come blessings. Like new carpet, new paint, and a fresh clean sewing/craft room.

We're still in a HUGE mess and it's just 2 days before my daughter comes home for Thanksgiving Break. I guess I better hurry and clear a space in her room since that's where I put everything from my sewing/craft room so we could paint and put in new flooring.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and let you know that I'm still alive and doing well despite my little and big messes. I also, have some fun big news coming up that I'll be able to share the first part of December. I have been able to do a bit of sewing and designing this past fall while I wasn't blogging. I can't wait to share some of it with you.

Have a Wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving Week with your LOVED ONES! I know I will.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny how things work. I subscribe to your blog on my reader. I realized I hadn't seen anything for quite some time, so I checked your blog to see if I was missing your posts. I noticed it was a while since you had posted and figured you had let your blog go. And here you are today on my reader ;-), glad to see you haven't given it up, I really enjoy reading your blog and look forward to what you have coming up.

Thimbleanna said...

So nice to see such a lovely post from you today Kim! Hang in there -- too much to do is lots to be grateful for. Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!

onlymehere said...

Coincidentally, we went through this same thing with a flood in our laundry room that went down to our basement. It was crazy messy for quite some time. Right now I'm also in a huge mess and I've painted and moved things around to get ready for my son who's returning home after two years serving a mission. He packed his room up before he left and for the first time in my life had a sewing room. I don't have a sewing room anymore but that's okay bz I'd rather have Travis home :) My daughter is getting married in June so I'll be back to having a room to sew in then. Right now I feel like all I do is push totes around trying to get it all organized. I just don't know where to store my sewing room stuff! He'll be home in 3-1/2 weeks though so I better get it all together soon! Good luck and I'll be looking forward to what you've been up to designing!
Cindy

amy smart said...

Floods in basements are such a pain! We had one in my craft room a few years ago. It was a pain, but at the same time helped me to reorganize and better use that space. ;)

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Nancy said...

Like you, I am a maker of piles! But you certainly have good reason with the flood damage. All the best to that. And amen to the gratitude!

Material Mary said...

May you have the most blessed of Thanksgivings and use that quilted table cloth you shared a couple years back to bring back great and fond memories. Good luck with home repairs and company!!
Mary

Eileen said...

Beautiful post Kim, I'm grateful for you. I think you are amazing. Happy Thanksgiving!

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm missing you. Glad to see what you are up to. Life is crazy for me too. I'm glad you reminded me to be grateful. I need to stop and think of that.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hi Kim, floods anywhere are awful. I remember when we woke up at 5a.m. getting ready to go to Hawaii and our bedroom was flooded. Cancelled that trip. :( Hang in there!!! We were grateful that we were home and not gone. The whole house could have been under water. Happy belated Thanksgiving to you.

Thimbleanna said...

Ms. Bitty Bit! I was so excited at B&N tonight to see your gorgeous quilt in AP&Q. I LOVE it! I'm so sad that the version being sold in my market doesn't have your quilt on the cover -- I hope it's on yours! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Jocelyn said...

I just got my AP&Q magazine in the mail, and what a beautiful quilt has graced it's cover. And it's yours!!!! Congrats on being a cover girl. Beautiful quilt and I love it :-)