Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pittock Mansion

One of the highlights of our trip to Oregon was a place called Pittock Mansion. It was Kenna's turn to pick a place to visit so, this happened to be the place she decided on. If you live in or around Portland and you've never been to Pittock Mansion I can tell you that it's a beautiful place to spend an afternoon. It would be fun to pack a lunch and have a picnic while walking around the property. Apparently a lot of wedding pictures are take up at the mansion and I can see why. It's a treasure of a place and I'm happy the city of Portland saved it from disrepair.

While we were there I took over a hundred pictures. It was a really hot day but it was worth the sweat. . . hehehe. Anyway, I thought I would share half of the pictures that I took while taking a tour of the mansion. The gardens are beautiful but because of the heat I didn't explore very much outside. Enjoy.

11 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What a wonderful place to visit. So bautiful. You all had the best time on your trip this summer. Thanks so much for sharing. I feel like I went on the trip too. Love & blessings from NC!

Elaine said...

Thanks. We'll have to check it out for our next trip to Fabric Depot. Last trip we went to the Rose Garden.

Laura Lynn said...

Thanks for this. I love the Portland area, having grown up there. Such a beautiful part of the country but I'm not biased or anything, right? Glad you enjoyed it!

Thimbleanna said...

It looks like a gorgeous place Kim. Another feather in your vacation cap! ;-)

Susan In Texas said...

Love your pictures. Looks like you're having a really fun trip.

Enjoy!

Susan in Texas

Nanette Merrill said...

I love old homes and old mansions. I love the going back in time aspect of this place. Loved your photos. I watched it twice. My favorite was the floor in the serving area.

Donna said...

Loved your pictures. I agree, the Pittock Mansion is a real treasure. The Mansion itself is magnificent, but then you walk around the bluff, and oh, what a glorious view you have! We went once when they had it decorated for Christmas, and it was particularly spectacular (not the view as much though, as it was raining :-) )

Micki said...

It looks like a wonderful place, and so glad that you got to visit.
Micki

Lana said...

What a neat slideshow...looks like you had a good time!
Thank you for stopping by my blog today...hope you come back and visit again!

Jeanette said...

One of my absolute favorite things to do on vacation is to visit historic homes.

The first time I suggested it (on our honeymoon) I think my husband thought I was trying to torture him to death.

He won't admit it, but I think he now enjoys them as much as I do. We are planning a vacation right now and he asked me if I had a list of homes I wanted to visit yet LOL

Lori Holt said...

Hi Kim...
I thought I would drop in to say hi....and see what you are up to.
I love the pictures...someday I want to visit there!
Looks like you all had a great time:)
xx
lori