Saturday, October 18, 2008

Our Fall Break

It's hard to believe that I'm at the end of the 3rd day of my 5 days of vacation and I know the next two days will disappear quickly. I've gotten some things done but not quite as much as I had hoped to accomplish. Yesterday, I got together with 3 of my quilting friends and we did a little bit of sewing, a lot a bit of talking, and even more time going to lunch and stopping at Broadbent's after lunch. It was a FUN day together so I didn't mind not getting too much done.
I did manage to finish making all of the pumpkin tissue holders and a couple halloween treat bags. I'll take pictures tomorrow if I get a chance.

Today I wanted to SEW too but, I had to take my son to the doctor for a sore throat and then we had to get the registration done on the car that he drives at school. Well, it didn't pass the safety part of the test and I spent most of the day taking care of getting a new windshield (it was cracked) and also going to the car store to get new light bulbs for two of the lights that were burnt out. I pulled into Jiffy Lube 10 minutes before they closed and finished the paper work and got my 2009 sticker. It's done! What a relief!!!

I thought it was about time that I posted some of my Halloween quilts so, here's one of them. It's my pumpkin quilt. I made it last year and this year it's hanging in the office at the school where I work. It's fun to see it every day! I'll post another Halloween quilt tomorrow along with the instructions on how to make it.


Here's a closeup of the pumpkin.

Close up of the machine quilting my friend Kaylene did on the quilt. Isn't it cute? I thought so. She used the pumpkins in the fabric to mirror the stitching.

3 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Really cute Kim. I'll be it was really fun to make. I am back at work today. My 2 days working from home last week are over. I'm thinking I need to call home and check on the kids every half hour though. I left a list for them . . .

Anonymous said...

What a great quilt! And I love your pumpkin tissue holders. What an adorable idea! x

CJ said...

Cute pumpkin quilt.
Enjoy your break - well what's left of it.