Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July

Every year we celebrate the 4th of July with a neighborhood parade and breakfast. It's been a lot of fun over the years with lots of great memories. This year was bigger and better than last year with lots of family and extended family. I can't believe how all the neighborhood kids have grown up, married, and have their own children now.

This year for breakfast we had scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, fruit, pastries, cinnamon rolls, and orange juice, along with water. I loved all of the fruit but never got back for seconds. Oh well, it was yummy!

I enjoyed having all of my kids and grandkids together. A Grandma lives for days like these when everyone gathers and celebrates the holidays. After the big neighborhood party everyone scattered. Nick & Natalie took the kids home for a nap. Mark and Mark Jr. went to play tennis. Ariel and Kenna went swimming at the neighbors and I was left to blog. Hope you enjoy my efforts!

Have a Wonderful 4th of July Celebration with Friends and Family!!!


1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

The slide show is fabulous. Love the breakfast idea, too. Fun day.