Sunday, July 20, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. . .Oh My!

My husband loves to search the internet and find fun and interesting things to cook. I like to do that too and have found some great recipes from my blogging friends. Tonight we have two recipes from my husband that he made for dinner and I provided the dessert thanks to Bakerella whose blog I found on a blog of a blog of a quilting friends blog.

I'm pretty sure it was from Thimbleanna's friend Melly's blog that I went on to a link to Bakerella's blog, very very complicated, I know. The name of the dessert is Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. . .Oh My! It's a recipe from the Nestles Classic Recipe Book printed in 2003.


It gets complicated when you start looking at everyone's blog. You almost forgot where you found something if you don't at least bookmark it. Bakerella has a wonderful website with lots of inspiring pictures and recipes. Go have a look, her pictures are beautiful. You can just about smell it cooking in the oven. Here's the recipe. The one thing I changed was I sprinkled chocolate chips and pecans on the top. Don't they look pretty?

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
  • 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell*
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • Serve with ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven 325 degrees F.
Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high until foamy.
Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter.
Stir in morsels and nuts and spoon into pie shell.
Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.
Recipe is from Nestle Classic Recipes printed in 2003

* If using a frozen pie shell, use deep dish style and thaw completely. Bake on baking sheet and increase baking time slightly.

Dinner deserves it's own blog post so I'll end it here and start anew. Hope you enjoyed tonight's dessert.


6 comments:

Nedra said...

Yum, Yum! These recipes look wonderful. I can hardly wait to try them! And it was fun to see my Audrey Hepburn quote on your side bar.
I've had fun making the Stash and Dash bags you showed on your blog. I'll be mailing one off tomorrow to a girlfriend for her birthday. You are an inspiration! --Nedra

Di~ said...

Not a good thing to see on a Monday morning when there are internal eat better resolutions this mid summer morning! But mmmmm!

Nanette Merrill said...

I can't even concentrate on the recipe - I'm still at "my husband made this". Your husband cooks/bakes!? Wowie.

Kim Walus said...

Yes, Nedra I loved the quote you had and I apologize for not giving you credit. It's inspiring!

Jo-Anne said...

Okay, I see you have quite an arsenal of "fat free" recipes! :)

This looks so yummy, I could lick my computer screen!!

Sox said...

MMM.. If only I could stop the screaming long enough to bake it. I want some of that goodness for myself.