Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Favorite Star Quilt

I was going through some of my old quilt pictures and thought you might be interested in my sharing some of them from time to time.

I also thought this would be a fun quilt to show the Dear Baby Jane group since it uses 5" (unfinished) nine patch blocks like the one from Dear Baby Jane Quilt Block "Simple Simon" #M-10.

I made this quilt many years ago now and the nine patch blocks we made one year in our quilt group as a block exchange. We brought 21 of the same nine patch blocks and came home with 21 different nine patches each month. By the end of the 12 months we each had 252 blocks. This quilt uses just 60 blocks and I still have enough to make 2 or more quilts. If I could only find the time. I'm so into other things right now and I find it hard to go back and duplicate a quilt when I finally get it done. I'm always ready to just move on to another project.

3 comments:

bingo~bonnie said...

oh wow this 9patch star quilt is a beauty!!! I love the pattern! I just finished hosting a mini 9pathc swap (each quarter in 2008) and at first thought - hey this would make a great pattern for those... but they are small..finish @ 3"

but I do believe I have a collection of 6" blocks taht are more scrappy... those would work better. OK gotta print out this photo for my inspriation bulletin board so I can remember this one! :) Love the stark white and is that a grey? great contrast!

Shontelle said...

I love this quilt. It is so striking! By the way, I really enjoy your blog and the wonderful patterns and inspiring photos you share. Thanks.

*karendianne. said...

Such a beautiful quilt. Great design and color. Lovely blog as well. Nice to visit you. Warmly, *karendianne.